Sunday, January 3, 2016

King David’s New Year Resolution – circa 1010 BC: “This year I resolve, and ask God for one thing: I want to consciously live in His Presence every single day, so that I will be continually awestruck by His Glorious Beauty, and be able to talk to Him about everything.” (Ps 27:4)

For me, I can’t think of a better NYR-2016 than that. It is a resolution that goes right to the heart of the matter. I want this God that I have discovered to consume every part of my existence - yes, He is that Good! It is a resolution that comes out of a life of experience that has convinced me that any other pearl simply falls short of this One that I have seen, touched and handled. I want to possess it.

Fortunately, this Resolution is not only mine, but His as well. He wants this for me, and has promised over and over and over again to give me everything that I need in order to fulfill it. How? By my simply coming, asking, seeking, knocking. “You will seek for Me and find Me when your whole heart wants it.” I have found that to be True, though sometimes it takes some struggle to get my heart into that truly humble, hungry posture. But He helps me out with that too, because He knows that I really want it.

The results of this resolution fulfilled are simply too wonderful for words. My life takes on a richness that cannot be disturbed. And those around me get the best of who I am, which is me dead, Jesus living instead. Now that’s a result that benefits us all!

So, here we go! New morning, new day, new year. One day at a time, begun and lived in His Presence. He assured me that this is one Resolution that I can keep! Yahoo! (non-churchy version of “Hallelujah!”)


No comments:

Post a Comment